The Wacky World of a Recovering Army Brat Family
A hysterical romp through the life of an Army Brat who eventually became a well-known television news anchor … and a family who was involved in international espionage, top secret ‘black box’ projects and highly classified missile programs.
They met presidents, movie stars, rock ‘n’ roll singers, stirred controversy, and created an Adopt-a-Soldier program that ultimately changed the lives of more than 100,000 soldiers who were headed to Vietnam. Along the way this Army Mom wrote thousands of pages of poetry and text, but sadly was never published … Until now!
- An Army officer who found a midnight way to sneak into the National Gold Depository at Fort Knox, and a wife and mom who was once accused of international espionage.
- The moving story of a family who witnessed some of the greatest events in history, a dad who became a war hero, prisoner of war, and later headed the nation’s top secret missile project.
- A misbehaving colonel’s wife who accidentally “fired” one of those missiles into the heart of post-war Germany, a Mom who nearly set fire to a dozen officers’ wives, whose husbands were part of a secret “black box” project based in Fort Bliss, Texas.
- Crazy stories of a teenager who ended up in the company of two U.S. Presidents and a First Lady, one of whom proved to be monstrously rude.
- An Army brat (the author) who became a top television newscaster, occasionally battling and baiting some of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood.